Friday, May 25, 2012

A No-Go For The Bahamas

We were supposed to depart yesterday for a nice long Memorial Day weekend in the Bahamas, but Mother Nature had other plans for us.  Yesterday day was nothing but heavy thunderstorms and high winds over the Bahamas.  The winds, 20-30 kts sustained with gusts, carried through to today so we just decided to go ahead and cancel the trip altogether.  We won't get our money back from the beach club, but they will just carry it on their books for a future stay.  No problem, we will go someday soon!

My dear wife also started to feel sick yesterday morning, but said she could rally and we could find somewhere else to go.  As great a thought that was, I knew it wouldn't be much fun if she was sick.  So we just stayed home and have been busy enjoying things in our area.  I still took time off from work and we kept Abby out of school so yesterday I took the girls for a full day at the zoo.  Today, Abby and I went to the Museum of Science & History and enjoyed the various exhibits and took in a few shows at the planetarium.

Have a great Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...